Jump to Main Content
- Yidana, Sandow Mark, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Hydrological processes 2014 v.28 no.7 pp. 3104-3117
- clay fraction; decision support systems; evaporation; evapotranspiration; groundwater; groundwater recharge; isotopes; rain; relative humidity; sedimentary rocks; temperature; tracer techniques; water table; wells; Ghana
- ... Isotope data of precipitation and groundwater in parts of the Voltaian Basin in Northern Ghana were used to explain the groundwater recharge regime in the area. Groundwater recharge is an important parameter in the development of a decision support system for the management and efficient utilization of groundwater resources in the area. It is therefore important to establish the processes and sour ...
- Yidana, Sandow Mark, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Hydrological processes 2011 v.25 no.14 pp. 2288-2301
- aquifers; basins; cluster analysis; groundwater; groundwater flow; groundwater recharge; hydrochemistry; irrigation; minerals; osmotic pressure; process control; saline water; salinity; silicates; sodium; weathering; wells; Ghana
- ... This study demonstrates the application of multivariate statistical methods in definition of groundwater recharge and discharge areas in a sedimentary basin in Ghana. Q-mode hierarchical cluster analysis (HCA) was applied to 57 hydrochemical data from the Buem formation in the northern part of the Volta Region in Ghana. R-mode HCA and R-mode factor analysis were then applied to the same dataset to ...