Jump to Main Content
- Pereira, Bruno; Medeiros, Pedro; Francke, Till; Ramalho, Geraldo; Foerster, Saskia; De Araújo, José Carlos
- Hydrological sciences journal 2019 v.64 no.1 pp. 66-79
- equations; geometry; landscapes; prediction; regression analysis; remote sensing; semiarid zones; surface water; topography; water management; water reservoirs; Brazil
- ... Water fluxes in highly impounded regions are heavily dependent on reservoir properties. However, for large and remote areas, this information is often unavailable. In this study, the geometry and volume of small surface reservoirs in the semi-arid region of Brazil were estimated using terrain and shape attributes extracted by remote sensing. Regression models and data classification were used to p ...
- Nascimento, Antônia Tatiana Pinheiro do; Cavalcanti, Natália Holanda Maia; Castro, Bruno Parente Leitão de; Medeiros, Pedro Henrique Augusto
- Hydrological sciences journal 2019 v.64 no.1 pp. 80-91
- altitude; basins; decentralization; energy efficiency; semiarid zones; water distribution; water supply; watersheds; Brazil
- ... In the Brazilian semi-arid region, thousands of small dams have been built over time to enhance water availability, accumulating water and hydraulic energy at high altitudes. Simulations were performed in this study to assess how the arrangement of reservoirs impacts on the power demand for water distribution in the Banabuiú River Basin (19 800 km²), Brazil. The power required to pump water from 1 ...