Jump to Main Content
- Murphy, Kevin W.; Ellis, Andrew W.
- Hydrological sciences journal 2019 v.64 no.1 pp. 45-65
- basins; dendroclimatology; drought; models; paleoclimatology; planning; risk; stream flow; water supply; watersheds; Arizona; Colorado River
- ... Extended drought is a concern for water resource sustainability in the Colorado River Basin of the western USA. Recent instrumental data are a limited rendering of drought risk, while paleoclimate data provide evidence of megadrought that could reoccur; but their impact analyses have not been reported to date. A 645-year tree-ring reconstruction of central Arizona, USA, streamflows reveals several ...
- Nascimento, Antônia Tatiana Pinheiro do; Cavalcanti, Natália Holanda Maia; Castro, Bruno Parente Leitão de; Medeiros, Pedro Henrique Augusto
- Hydrological sciences journal 2019 v.64 no.1 pp. 80-91
- altitude; basins; decentralization; energy efficiency; semiarid zones; water distribution; water supply; watersheds; Brazil
- ... In the Brazilian semi-arid region, thousands of small dams have been built over time to enhance water availability, accumulating water and hydraulic energy at high altitudes. Simulations were performed in this study to assess how the arrangement of reservoirs impacts on the power demand for water distribution in the Banabuiú River Basin (19 800 km²), Brazil. The power required to pump water from 1 ...