Jump to Main Content
- Murphy, Kevin W.; Ellis, Andrew W.
- Hydrological sciences journal 2019 v.64 no.1 pp. 45-65
- basins; dendroclimatology; drought; models; paleoclimatology; planning; risk; stream flow; water supply; watersheds; Arizona; Colorado River
- ... Extended drought is a concern for water resource sustainability in the Colorado River Basin of the western USA. Recent instrumental data are a limited rendering of drought risk, while paleoclimate data provide evidence of megadrought that could reoccur; but their impact analyses have not been reported to date. A 645-year tree-ring reconstruction of central Arizona, USA, streamflows reveals several ...
- Kreibich, Heidi; Blauhut, Veit; Aerts, Jeroen C.J.H.; Bouwer, Laurens M.; Van Lanen, Henny A.J.; Mejia, Alfonso; Mens, Marjolein; Van Loon, Anne F.
- Hydrological sciences journal 2019 v.64 no.1 pp. 1-18
- case studies; drought; experts; floods; risk management; temporal variation; watersheds
- ... For the development of sustainable, efficient risk management strategies for the hydrological extremes of droughts and floods, it is essential to understand the temporal changes of impacts, and their respective causes and interactions. In particular, little is known about changes in vulnerability and their influence on drought and flood impacts. We present a fictitious dialogue between two experts ...