Jump to Main Content
- Fleischmann, Ayan; Fan, Fernando; Collischonn, Bruno; Collischonn, Walter; Pontes, Paulo; Ruhoff, Anderson
- Hydrological sciences journal 2019 v.64 no.3 pp. 361-379
- atmospheric precipitation; basins; climatic factors; equations; evapotranspiration; gauges; hydrologic models; regression analysis; relative humidity; river flow; solar radiation; Brazil
- ... It has been proposed that linear regression curves can be used to estimate monthly climate variables from observed precipitation. This approach was explored by applying the MGB hydrological model to the Paraná Basin (Brazil). Linear regressions were obtained for 54 climate gauges, and most of them showed at least six months of significant correlation between monthly climate variables (sunlight hou ...
- Pereira, Bruno; Medeiros, Pedro; Francke, Till; Ramalho, Geraldo; Foerster, Saskia; De Araújo, José Carlos
- Hydrological sciences journal 2019 v.64 no.1 pp. 66-79
- equations; geometry; landscapes; prediction; regression analysis; remote sensing; semiarid zones; surface water; topography; water management; water reservoirs; Brazil
- ... Water fluxes in highly impounded regions are heavily dependent on reservoir properties. However, for large and remote areas, this information is often unavailable. In this study, the geometry and volume of small surface reservoirs in the semi-arid region of Brazil were estimated using terrain and shape attributes extracted by remote sensing. Regression models and data classification were used to p ...