Jump to Main Content
- Cammalleri, Carmelo; Vogt, Jürgen; Salamon, Peter
- Hydrological sciences journal 2017 v.62 no.3 pp. 346-358
- case studies; data collection; databases; drought; models; monitoring; probability; runoff; stream flow; summer; Central European region; Europe
- ... Near real-time monitoring of hydrological drought requires the implementation of an index capable of capturing the dynamic nature of the phenomenon. Starting from a dataset of modelled daily streamflow data, a low-flow index was developed based on the total water deficit of the discharge values below a certain threshold. In order to account for a range of hydrological regimes, a daily 95th percent ...
- Kelvin, J.; Acreman, M.C.; Harding, R.J.; Hess, T.M.
- Hydrological sciences journal 2017 v.62 no.3 pp. 378-388
- agricultural land; evapotranspiration; microclimate; relative humidity; summer; temperature; wetlands; winter; England
- ... Temperature and relative humidity measurements were made within and outside a lowland fen in eastern England during 2009 and 2010. Summer temperatures were found to be on average 0.24°C lower within the fen than outside, whilst summer vapour pressures were found to be on average 0.074 kPa higher within the fen. In contrast, winter temperatures were found to be higher within the fen by an average o ...