Jump to Main Content
- THAYYEN, RENOJ J.; GERGAN, J. T.; DOBHAL, D. P.
- Hydrological sciences journal 1999 v.44 no.1 pp. 47-61
- clay; drainage systems; glaciers; hydrograph; particle size; rain; sand; seasonal variation; silt; snowmelt; spring; suspended sediment; Himalayan region; India
- ... Diurnal and seasonal variations in particle size characteristics of suspended sediments of Dokriani glacier meltwater were studied during the 1994 ablation period (May-October). Diurnal suspended sediment concentration curves exhibit two prominent peaks from May to mid-August and only one peak during the rest of the ablation period. The first peak resulting from dominance of fine and medium sand c ...
- AHMADI, MIRKHALEGH Z.
- Hydrological sciences journal 1999 v.44 no.1 pp. 25-31
- drainage systems; hydraulic conductivity; piezometers; soil texture; water table
- ... A piezometric head method is proposed to estimate the impermeable layer depth used in drain spacing formulae. The method was tested and compared with soil texture changes and the US Bureau of Reclamation (USBR, 1978) criterion of impermeable layer being one with hydraulic conductivity one tenth to one fifth that of the weighted hydraulic conductivity of the upper layers. The proposed method, which ...