Jump to Main Content
- PETKOVIC, SLOBODAN; DRAGOVIC, NADA; MARKOVIC, SLADJANA
- Hydrological sciences journal 1999 v.44 no.1 pp. 63-77
- bedload; erosion control; pollution load; rivers; sediments; soil erosion; Serbia
- ... Erosion processes and sediment yield over Serbian territory are reviewed, as well as the distribution of sediment load in the hydrological network in Serbia. The overview of erosion problems consists of an analysis of the main erosion factors over the Serbian territory, a review of field investigations of soil loss and a description of the erosion control measures implemented in the region. The re ...
- WHARTON, G.; TOMLINSON, J. J.
- Hydrological sciences journal 1999 v.44 no.1 pp. 97-111
- equations; growth factors; hydrology; irrigation; railroads; risk assessment; rivers; roads; streams; water power; watersheds; Burundi; Ghana; Tanzania
- ... The channel-geometry method is an indirect method of flood estimation which relies on the development of relations between flood discharges, measured at gauging stations, and channel dimensions, measured from natural river reaches in the vicinity of the gauge. Channel-geometry equations enable flood discharges to be estimated at ungauged locations on natural streams from measurements of channel si ...