Jump to Main Content
- PETKOVIC, SLOBODAN; DRAGOVIC, NADA; MARKOVIC, SLADJANA
- Hydrological sciences journal 1999 v.44 no.1 pp. 63-77
- bedload; erosion control; pollution load; rivers; sediments; soil erosion; Serbia
- ... Erosion processes and sediment yield over Serbian territory are reviewed, as well as the distribution of sediment load in the hydrological network in Serbia. The overview of erosion problems consists of an analysis of the main erosion factors over the Serbian territory, a review of field investigations of soil loss and a description of the erosion control measures implemented in the region. The re ...
- ZHANG, X. B.; WALLING, D. E.; HE, Q.
- Hydrological sciences journal 1999 v.44 no.1 pp. 33-45
- agricultural land; cesium; conservation practices; inventories; land management; monitoring; radionuclides; sediments; soil; soil conservation; soil erosion; theoretical models
- ... Soil erosion on agricultural land has become a global environmental problem and information on rates of soil loss is an important requirement both for quantifying the problem and for developing improved land management and soil conservation practices. The use of fallout 137Cs measurements overcomes many of the difficulties facing traditional approaches to erosion monitoring and affords an effectiv ...