Jump to Main Content
- Cammalleri, Carmelo; Vogt, Jürgen; Salamon, Peter
- Hydrological sciences journal 2017 v.62 no.3 pp. 346-358
- case studies; data collection; databases; drought; models; monitoring; probability; runoff; stream flow; summer; Central European region; Europe
- ... Near real-time monitoring of hydrological drought requires the implementation of an index capable of capturing the dynamic nature of the phenomenon. Starting from a dataset of modelled daily streamflow data, a low-flow index was developed based on the total water deficit of the discharge values below a certain threshold. In order to account for a range of hydrological regimes, a daily 95th percent ...
- Mazzoleni, Maurizio; Alfonso, Leonardo; Solomatine, Dimitri
- Hydrological sciences journal 2017 v.62 no.3 pp. 389-407
- basins; hydrologic models; model validation; monitoring; stream flow
- ... The aim of this study is to assess the influence of sensor locations and varying observation accuracy on the assimilation of distributed streamflow observations, also taking into account different structures of semi-distributed hydrological models. An ensemble Kalman filter is used to update a semi-distributed hydrological model as a response to measured streamflow. Various scenarios of sensor loc ...