Jump to Main Content
- XU, Y. JUN
- Hydrological sciences journal 2006 v.51 no.3 pp. 531-542
- autumn; basins; freshwater; lakes; nitrates; nitrite nitrogen; organic nitrogen; river flow; rivers; summer; swamps; total Kjeldahl nitrogen; water quality; Gulf of Mexico; Mississippi River; North America
- ... River corridor wetland restoration and freshwater diversion from the lower Mississippi River are being considered as two major options to reduce nitrogen input to the Gulf of Mexico. However, it is largely uncertain how much nitrogen can actually be retained from the overflowing waters by these wetland systems. This study quantified the nitrogen inflow and outflow for the largest distributary basi ...
- XU, Y. JUN, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Hydrological sciences journal 2007 v.52 no.1 pp. 166-180
- basins; climatic factors; coasts; ecosystems; estuaries; freshwater; lakes; pollution load; population growth; rivers; sediment yield; sediments; total suspended solids; watersheds; wetlands; Louisiana
- ... Freshwater and sediment are crucial to the development and health of aquatic and wetland ecosystems in deltaic coastal regions. This study examines the long-term freshwater inflow (1940–2002) and total suspended solid loading (1978–2001), and their relationships with climate variables in three major river watersheds to Lake Pontchartrain, the largest inland estuary in the USA. The results show an ...