Jump to Main Content
- Dong, Qianjin; Zhang, Xu; Lall, Upmanu; Sang, Yan-Fang; Xie, Ping
- Hydrological sciences journal 2019 v.64 no.7 pp. 845-855
- hydraulic engineering, etc ; Bayesian theory; dams (hydrology); floods; models; risk perception; China; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... This study proposes an improved nonstationary model for flood frequency analysis by investigating the relationship between flood peak and flood volume, using the Three Gorges Dam (TGD), China, for verification. First, the generalized additive model for location, scale and shape (GAMLSS) is used as the prior distribution. Then, under Bayesian theory, the prior distribution is updated using the cond ...
- Roudier, Philippe; Mahé, Gil
- Hydrological sciences journal 2010 v.55 no.3 pp. 351-363
- hydraulic engineering, etc ; basins; climate change; drought; hydraulic structures; rain; risk assessment; runoff; watersheds; Mali; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... In the context of a changing climate, hydraulic engineering design could play an important role in vulnerability assessment. Thus, using the most recent daily data available, the 10– 20- and 100-year rainfall has been calculated for 51 stations and the 10-, 20- and 100-year discharge for six stations of the Bani basin in Mali (129 000 km2). These values are computed using the L-moments method and ...