Jump to Main Content
- Dąbrowski, Adam; Matczak, Piotr; Wójtowicz, Andrzej; Leitner, Michael
- ISPRS international journal of geo-information 2018 v.7 no.12
- police, etc ; cameras; cities; crime; data quality; geographical coordinates; landscapes; monitoring; television; time series analysis; Poland; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Progress in surveillance technology has led to the development of Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) systems in cities around the world. Cameras are considered instrumental in crime reduction, yet existing research does not unambiguously answer the question whether installing them affects the number of crimes committed. The quasi-experimental method usually applied to evaluate CCTV systems’ ef ...
- Matijosaitiene, Irina; Zhao, Peng; Jaume, Sylvain; Gilkey Jr, Joseph W.
- ISPRS international journal of geo-information 2018 v.8 no.1
- police, etc ; Geographical Locations; artificial intelligence; crime; data collection; databases; land use; models; prediction; regression analysis; time series analysis; urban areas; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Predicting the exact urban places where crime is most likely to occur is one of the greatest interests for Police Departments. Therefore, the goal of the research presented in this paper is to identify specific urban areas where a crime could happen in Manhattan, NY for every hour of a day. The outputs from this research are the following: (i) predicted land uses that generates the top three most ...