Jump to Main Content
- Knoechel, Ben; Huang, Chih-Yuan; Liang, Steve H.L.
- ISPRS international journal of geo-information 2013 v.2 no.1 pp. 1-26
- Internet; data collection; databases; infrastructure; spatial data
- ... The Sensor Web is a growing phenomenon where an increasing number of sensors are collecting data in the physical world, to be made available over the Internet. To help realize the Sensor Web, the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) has developed open standards to standardize the communication protocols for sharing sensor data. Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDIs) are systems that have been developed t ...
- Guo, Lingling
- ISPRS international journal of geo-information 2013 v.2 no.1 pp. 82-93
- case studies; computer software; data collection; geographic information systems; geography; issues and policy; spatial data; United States
- ... The National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI) is defined as the technologies, policies and people necessary to promote sharing of geospatial data throughout all levels of government, the private and non-profit sectors and the academic community. The US Census Bureau is the federal agency lead for administrative units data, one of the seven data themes identified by the NSDI framework. The admini ...