Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Jie; Xiao, Xiangming; Bajgain, Rajen; Starks, Patrick; Steiner, Jean; Doughty, Russell B.; Chang, Qing
- ISPRS journal of photogrammetry and remote sensing 2019 v.154 pp. 189-201
- vegetation cover, etc ; Landsat; aboveground biomass; climate; forage quality; grassland management; grazing; leaf area index; livestock production; models; monitoring; pastures; phenology; rangelands; regression analysis; remote sensing; spatial variation; support vector machines; synthetic aperture radar; tallgrass prairies; Oklahoma; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Grassland degradation has accelerated in recent decades in response to increased climate variability and human activity. Rangeland and grassland conditions directly affect forage quality, livestock production, and regional grassland resources. In this study, we examined the potential of integrating synthetic aperture radar (SAR, Sentinel-1) and optical remote sensing (Landsat-8 and Sentinel-2) dat ...
- Hu, Pengcheng; Guo, Wei; Chapman, Scott C.; Guo, Yan; Zheng, Bangyou
- ISPRS journal of photogrammetry and remote sensing 2019 v.154 pp. 1-9
- vegetation cover, etc ; algorithms; artificial intelligence; cameras; canopy; flowering; ground vegetation; guidelines; image analysis; leaves; models; normal values; phenotype; plant breeding; remote sensing; reproductive performance; satellites; spring wheat; unmanned aerial vehicles; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Image analysis using proximal sensors can help accelerate the selection process in plant breeding and improve the breeding efficiency. However, the accuracies of extracted phenotypic traits, especially those that require image classification, are affected by the pixel size in images. Ground coverage (GC), the ratio of projected to ground vegetation area to total land area, is a simple and importan ...