Jump to Main Content
- Girma, Atkilt; Skidmore, Andrew K.; de Bie, C.A.J.M.; Bongers, Frans
- ISPRS journal of photogrammetry and remote sensing 2015 v.105 pp. 30-37
- Boswellia papyrifera; absorption; acetates; air drying; bark; carbon; chemical analysis; least squares; petroleum; reflectance spectroscopy; secondary metabolites; seeds; spectral analysis; spectrometers; starvation; tree and stand measurements; tree mortality; trees; wavelengths
- ... Decision makers are concerned whether to tap or rest Boswellia Papyrifera trees. Tapping for the production of frankincense is known to deplete carbon reserves from the tree leading to production of less viable seeds, tree carbon starvation and ultimately tree mortality. Decision makers use traditional experience without considering the amount of metabolites stored or depleted from the stem-bark o ...
- Eivazi, Anna; Kolesnikov, Alexander; Junttila, Virpi; Kauranne, Tuomo
- ISPRS journal of photogrammetry and remote sensing 2015 v.105 pp. 120-127
- algorithms; carbon markets; cost effectiveness; deforestation; emissions; forests; radiometry; remote sensing; satellites; spatial data; variance
- ... Measuring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) systems of the United Nations programme on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation (REDD+) aim to provide robust and reliable data on carbon credits over large areas. Multitemporal satellite mosaics are often the only cost-effective remote sensing data that allow such coverage. Although a number of methods for producing mosaics has b ...