Jump to Main Content
- Ju, Xing-Ai; Chen, Jin; Ding, Li; Li, Yu-Zhi; Xiao, Feng-Jun; Li, Zhan-Quan; Guo, Zi-Kuan
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2013 v.49 no.9 pp. 653-656
- Western blotting; gravity; humans; platelet-derived growth factor; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; stem cells; stromal cells; umbilical cord
- ... In this report, a slow-growing subpopulation of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) was identified. These cells were around 5 μm in diameter and their relative gravity was between 1.031 and 1.043 g/ml. In sharp contrast to the parent MSCs, they expressed highly CD271 and poorly the receptor for platelet-derived growth factor. Quantitative PCR with the identification of the produc ...
- Rodríguez-Alvarez, Lleretny; Manriquez, Jose; Velasquez, Alejandra; Castro, Fidel Ovidio
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2013 v.49 no.9 pp. 657-667
- cattle; epigenetics; gene expression; genes; oocytes; prognosis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; somatic cells; stem cells
- ... Nuclear transfer (NT) is associated with epigenetic reprogramming of donor cells. Expression of certain genes in these cells might facilitate their expression in the NT embryo. This research was aimed to investigate the effect of constitutive expression of OCT4 in bovine somatic cells used for NT on the developmental potential of derived cloned embryos as well as in the expression of pluripotency ...