Jump to Main Content
- Egorova, Anastasia D.; DeRuiter, Marco C.; de Boer, Hetty C.; van de Pas, Simone; Gittenberger-de Groot, Adriana C.; van Zonneveld, Anton J.; Poelmann, Robert E.; Hierck, Beerend P.
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2012 v.48 no.1 pp. 21-29
- umbilical arteries, etc ; adults; endothelial cells; humans; immunocytochemistry; phenotype; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; shear stress; stem cells; tissue engineering; transcription (genetics); Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Endothelial progenitor cells (EPC) play a central role in endothelial maintenance and repair. Endothelial colony-forming cells (ECFC) form a subpopulation of EPC. ECFC are readily attainable, can be easily isolated, possess a high proliferation potential, and are therefore a promising source of endothelial cells (EC) for future cardiovascular therapeutic applications. The extent to which these cel ...
- Cairrão, E.; Santos-Silva, A. J.; Alvarez, E.; Correia, I.; Verde, I.
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2009 v.45 no.3-4 pp. 175-184
- umbilical arteries, etc ; actin; calcium channels; collagenase; contractile proteins; cultured cells; elastase; electrophysiology; endothelial cells; fibroblasts; humans; myocytes; myosin heavy chains; smooth muscle; umbilical cord; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The human umbilical cord is a biological sample that can be easily obtained just after birth. A methodology was developed to perform cultures of human umbilical artery smooth muscle cells (HUASMC) expressing contractile proteins and functional ionic channels. To avoid fibroblast and endothelial cell contamination, we mechanically separated the tunica media, which only contains HUASMC and matrix pr ...