Jump to Main Content
- Tokkan, Dilara; Kuşlu, Soner; Çalban, Turan; Çolak, Sabri
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2013 v.52 no.29 pp. 9719-9725
- ammonium thiosulfate, etc ; anodes; correlation; leaching; microwave radiation; mixing; models; silver; temperature; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... We investigate the optimization of removal of silver from anode slime in ammonium thiosulfate solutions by microwave using statistical design methods. Ammonium thiosulfate concentration, leaching temperature, solid-to-liquid ratio and leaching time were selected as variables. A model was obtained among relevant parameters by means of variance analysis by using the Matlab Computer Software Programm ...
- Sapkota, Virbin
Nath A.; Fine, Nathan
A.; Rochelle, Gary T.
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2015 v.54 no.17 pp. 4815-4822
- thiosulfates, etc ; EDTA (chelating agent); absorption; activation energy; engineering; equations; free radical scavengers; iron; nitrites; nitrogen dioxide; oxidation; oxygen; sodium hydroxide; solvents; sulfates; sulfites; sulfur dioxide; temperature; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Rates of sulfite (SO₃²–) oxidation during nitrogen dioxide (NO₂) absorption into sulfite solutions were measured using a high-gas-flow sparging apparatus. SO₃²– absorbs NO₂ via a free-radical mechanism that produces a sulfite radical (SO₃•–) and nitrite. The radical then catalyzes SO₃²– oxidation to form sulfate. Free-radical scavengers such as thiosulfate can be added to suppress radical concentr ...