Jump to Main Content
- Xie, Kai, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2012 v.51 no.46 pp. 15268-15275
- capacitance; chemistry; coal; engineering; image analysis; models; probability distribution; tomography
- ... Research on flow patterns can provide a better understanding of particle dynamics in dense-phase pneumatic conveying of pulverized coal. In this paper, electrical capacitance tomography (ECT) has been employed to study flow patterns in the 20 mm diameter vertical riser. Three flow patterns were identified on the basis of ECT image analysis, and their characteristics and formation mechanisms were d ...
- Xie, Kai, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2012 v.51 no.42 pp. 13839-13845
- aeration; chemistry; coal; energy; engineering; momentum; uncertainty
- ... An aerated discharge system was established in this paper to investigate the discharge of pulverized coal from a pressurized aerated hopper. Two opposite effects of aerated gas on solid were first revealed. “Fluidized pressurization”, which effectively fluidized the solid and improved the subsequent hopper discharge, was then developed. The effect of hopper pressure on the discharge of pulverized ...