Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Shun-Feng, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Industrial & engineering chemistry process design and development 2018 v.57 no.39 pp. 13055-13064
- biochar; carbon; catalytic activity; deprotonation; desorption; electron transfer; energy; hydrogen; iron; magnetism; nanoparticles; oxygen; p-nitrophenol; palladium; process design; pyrolysis; sawdust
- ... In this study, the catalytic activity and stability of Pd nanoparticles during the reduction of 4-nitrophenol (4-NP) were significantly enhanced by the interaction of Fe₃O₄/biochar support prepared by pyrolysis of fir sawdust. Compared with the commercial Pd/C with 5% of Pd content, the as-synthesized Pd@Fe₃O₄/biochar with only 1.58% of Pd content exhibited twice higher catalytic performance towar ...
- Jiang, Shun-Feng, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Industrial & engineering chemistry process design and development 2017 v.56 no.27 pp. 7730-7738
- 4-chlorophenol; biochar; copper; dredging; ecosystems; equations; models; pH; pollutants; process design; remediation; rice hulls; risk assessment; sediment contamination; sediments
- ... Preventing release of refractory pollutants from contaminated sediments is of growing concern. In situ remediation of sediments becomes more popular because of its low cost and noninterference of benthic ecosystems compared with conventional sediment dredging. In this study, a low-cost rice husk biochar (RHB) was used as a capping material to prevent the release of representative inorganic (Cu²⁺) ...