Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Shun-Feng, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Industrial & engineering chemistry process design and development 2019 v.58 no.31 pp. 13868-13878
- Eichhornia crassipes; biomass; capacitance; carbon; cell walls; harvesting; nanoparticles; nickel; nickel oxide; potassium hydroxide; process design; pyrolysis; wetlands
- ... In this study, taking Ni enriched water hyacinth (WH, Eichhornia crassipes) as an example, we prepared porous Ni–N doped carbon material (WHPC@Ni) with high supercapacitive performance via fast pyrolysis and KOH activation of WH biomass. The as-prepared WHPC@Ni exhibited an excellent capacitance (552 F g–¹ in 6 M KOH) and high stability (97.5% of capacitance remained after 10 000 cycles), which is ...
- Jiang, Shun-Feng, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Industrial & engineering chemistry process design and development 2018 v.57 no.39 pp. 13055-13064
- biochar; carbon; catalytic activity; deprotonation; desorption; electron transfer; energy; hydrogen; iron; magnetism; nanoparticles; oxygen; p-nitrophenol; palladium; process design; pyrolysis; sawdust
- ... In this study, the catalytic activity and stability of Pd nanoparticles during the reduction of 4-nitrophenol (4-NP) were significantly enhanced by the interaction of Fe₃O₄/biochar support prepared by pyrolysis of fir sawdust. Compared with the commercial Pd/C with 5% of Pd content, the as-synthesized Pd@Fe₃O₄/biochar with only 1.58% of Pd content exhibited twice higher catalytic performance towar ...