Jump to Main Content
- Henninger, Stefan K., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Industrial & engineering chemistry process design and development 2019 v.58 no.47 pp. 21493-21503
- adsorbents; adsorption; air conditioning; cooling; coordination polymers; desorption; heat; heat exchangers; heat pumps; pellets; polyvinyl alcohol; porosity; powders; silica gel; sorption isotherms; zirconium
- ... Metal–organic frameworks (MOFs) currently receive high interest for cycling water adsorption applications like adsorption heat transformation for air-conditioning purposes. For practical use in adsorption heat pumps (AHPs), the microcrystalline powders must be formulated such that their high porosity and pore accessibility are retained. In this work, the preparation of millimeter-scaled pellets of ...
- Henninger, Stefan K., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Industrial & engineering chemistry process design and development 2017 v.56 no.29 pp. 8393-8398
- adsorbents; adsorption; aluminum; binding agents; coordination polymers; fumarates; heat; heat exchangers; porous media; process design; temperature; working conditions
- ... Metal–organic frameworks represent a class of microporous adsorbents with high application potential for adsorption heat transformation. Here, we present a functional, full-scale heat exchanger coated with the microporous aluminum fumarate MOF Basolite A520 using a polysiloxane-based binding agent. The function of the heat exchanger was evaluated resulting in a gross cooling power of 2900 W (at th ...