Jump to Main Content
- Bistgani, Zohreh Emami; Hashemi, Masoud; DaCosta, Michelle; Craker, Lyle; Maggi, Filippo; Morshedloo, Mohammad Reza
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.135 pp. 311-320
- Thymus daenensis; Thymus vulgaris; antioxidant activity; chlorogenic acid; cinnamic acid; dry matter accumulation; essential oil crops; flavonoids; high performance liquid chromatography; irrigation; leaves; medicinal plants; metabolites; monoterpenoids; plant extracts; potassium; rosmarinic acid; salt stress; shoots; thyme; vanillic acid; Iran
- ... Salinity stress is one of the most important challenges in agriculture systems. The present work was aimed to evaluated the effects of saline irrigation, using different NaCl concentrations (0, 30, 60, and 90 mM), on growth, physiological characteristics, phenolic compounds, and antioxidant activity of Thymus vulgaris and Thymus daenensis, that are two of the most important medicinal and aromatic ...
- Ghanbari, Jalal; Khajoei-Nejad, Gholamreza; van Ruth, Saskia M.; Aghighi, Sonia
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.135 pp. 301-310
- Crocus sativus; Glomus mosseae; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; biochar; composts; corms; crop production; diet therapy; fertilizer application; flavonoids; flowering; growing season; medicinal plants; mineral fertilizers; mycorrhizal fungi; plant nutrition; planting; principal component analysis; saffron; soil; Iran
- ... Saffron as one of the most precious spices and medicinal plants, is highly valued for its bioactive compounds. Quantity and quality in spices and medicinal plants can be improved by the plant nutrition. In this field study the sole and integrated application of various fertilizers types and arbuscular-mycorrhizal fungus (AM), Glomus mosseae with respect to the flower-related traits, corm propertie ...