Jump to Main Content
- de Araújo Padilha, Carlos Eduardo; da Costa Nogueira, Cleitiane; de Santana Souza, Domingos Fabiano; de Oliveira, Jackson Araújo; dos Santos, Everaldo Silvino
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.140 pp. 111604
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa; cellulose; coir; culture media; delignification; emulsifying properties; ethanol; ethanol production; glucose; glycerol; lignin; lignocellulose; rhamnolipids; spectroscopy; sulfuric acid; thermal stability; value-added products; washing; waste liquors
- ... The present study proposes the production of ethanol, lignin and rhamnolipids from the valorization scheme of green coconut fibre (GCF) and glycerol. As expected, all pretreatments using 80% (w/w) glycerol and 1% (w/w) sulfuric acid promoted high delignification (> 60%) and good cellulose enrichment (> 50% w/w). The reuse of black liquor in the pretreatments apparently did not affect the glucose r ...
- Hassanabadi, Mitra; Ebrahimi, Mohsen; Farajpour, Mostafa; Dejahang, Ata
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.140 pp. 111598
- Ferula assa-foetida; alpha-pinene; altitude; beta-pinene; chemotypes; cluster analysis; disulfides; essential oils; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gum resin; industrial applications; t-test; thiophene; thiourea
- ... Oleo gum resin is extracted from the Ferula assa-foetida L. and is important for pharmacological and industrial applications. In the present study, the essential oil components of fourteen Iranian and Afghan F. assa-foetida accessions were analyzed. A total of 20 g of the oleo gum resins were hydro-distilled in a Clevenger type apparatus for 3 h in three replications. The amounts of essential oil ...