Jump to Main Content
- Koocheki, Alireza; Seyyedi, Seyyed Mohammad
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.138 pp. 111468
- Crocus sativus, etc ; adverse effects; carotenoids; chlorophyll; cold; cold stress; corms; crop production; electrolyte leakage; farms; freezing; frost injury; leaves; nitrogen; phosphorus; physiological response; pigments; planting depth; potassium; proline; regrowth; saffron; soil depth; temperature; winter; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Considering the prevalence of cold and dry winter in many saffron cultivation regions, the freezing-induced damage is one of the most adverse factors increasing electrolyte leakage and reducing corm growth. These effects justify the necessity of studying agronomic strategies to promote plant tolerance to freezing stress. Herein the effects of planting depth, freezing injury and mother corm origin ...
- Ghanbari, Jalal; Khajoei-Nejad, Gholamreza; van Ruth, Saskia M.; Aghighi, Sonia
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.135 pp. 301-310
- Crocus sativus, etc ; Glomus mosseae; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; biochar; composts; corms; crop production; diet therapy; fertilizer application; flavonoids; flowering; growing season; medicinal plants; mineral fertilizers; mycorrhizal fungi; plant nutrition; planting; principal component analysis; saffron; soil; Iran; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Saffron as one of the most precious spices and medicinal plants, is highly valued for its bioactive compounds. Quantity and quality in spices and medicinal plants can be improved by the plant nutrition. In this field study the sole and integrated application of various fertilizers types and arbuscular-mycorrhizal fungus (AM), Glomus mosseae with respect to the flower-related traits, corm propertie ...