Jump to Main Content
- Majeed, Aasim; Singh, Amandeep; Choudhary, Shruti; Bhardwaj, Pankaj
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.140 pp. 111600
- genetic analysis, etc ; Taxus; alleles; antineoplastic agents; endangered species; genetic variation; genomics; habitat destruction; heterozygosity; landscape genetics; loci; medicinal plants; messenger RNA; microsatellite repeats; paclitaxel; screening; transcriptome; transcriptomics; unigenes; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Taxus contorta is an important medicinal plant currently listed as endangered in IUCN Red Data List. It produces an anticancer drug, paclitaxel which is well known in the industrial sector. Due to habitat destruction and overexploitation, it is at the verge of extinction. Genomic and transcriptomic data for this species is scarce which has hampered its genomic studies. Moreover, large scale polymo ...
- Lu, Jiannong; Shi, Yuzhen; Yin, Xuegui; Liu, Shuai; Liu, Chen; Wen, Danyou; Li, Weijin; He, Xiaolin; Yang, Ting
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.128 pp. 590-598
- genetic analysis, etc ; Ricinus communis; biofuels; breeding; castor oil; chemical industry; epistasis; feedstocks; flowers; heterosis; hybrids; industrial crops; major genes; male fertility; microsatellite repeats; phenotypic variation; quantitative trait loci; quantitative traits; recessive genes; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Castor (Ricinus communis L.) is an important industrial crop. Castor oil is very important to the global special chemical industry as feedstock and biofuels. The global demand for castor oil is rising rapidly, however, the low-yield varieties has been the bottleneck of castor industry. Breeding high-yield hybrids using pistillate line has been the main approach of castor breeding, but it progresse ...