Jump to Main Content
- Dias, Maria Celeste; Figueiredo, Catarina; Pinto, Diana C.G.A.; Freitas, Helena; Santos, Conceição; Silva, Artur M.S.
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.133 pp. 269-275
- Olea europaea, etc ; byproducts; climate change; coumaric acids; cultivars; flavonoids; heat; heat stress; leaves; lipophilicity; metabolites; monoterpenoids; oleic acid; oleuropein; olive oil; olives; orchards; palmitic acid; polyphenols; sterols; triterpenoids; ultraviolet radiation; verbascoside; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Olea europaea L. is the basis of the olive oil chain value. Olive by-products remain economically underexplored despite their richness in polyphenols and fatty acids. Heat waves and raised UV-B radiation episodes (that increasingly affect Mediterranean orchards) may influence these compounds. Herein we characterize the most relevant leaf lipophilic and phenolic compounds of an important Portuguese ...
- Canabarro, Nicholas I.; Mazutti, Marcio A.; do Carmo Ferreira, Maria
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.136 pp. 140-151
- Olea europaea, etc ; air temperature; antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; drying; energy; heat; leaves; mass transfer; mathematical models; olives; polyphenols; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The influence of drying conditions on the composition of supercritical extracts recovered from olive leaves was investigated. Leaves were dried on a conveyor belt and the effects of air temperature and residence time on the extraction kinetics, global yield, antioxidant activity, total polyphenols content and chemical profiles of the extracts were evaluated. Inlet air temperatures of 50, 60 and 70 ...