Jump to Main Content
- Sevastyanova, Olena, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.129 pp. 123-134
- Eucalyptus; Picea; acetone; adsorption; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; biofuels; carbon; chemical structure; equations; ethanol; ethyl acetate; fractionation; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gel chromatography; hardwood; methanol; methylene blue; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; organic matter; phosphorus; proximate composition; pyrolysis; raw materials; softwood; solvents; sorbents; stable isotopes; thermal properties; thermogravimetry; volatile compounds; water treatment
- ... This work summarizes the impact of solvent fractionation on the chemical structure, antioxidant activity, heating values, and thermal and adsorption properties of industrial hardwood and softwood kraft lignins. The aim of the research was to develop a simple approach for obtaining lignin fractions with tailored properties for applications in certain materials. Four common industrial solvents, name ...
- Sevastyanova, Olena, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.127 pp. 203-211
- Picea; cellulose; cellulose nanofibers; cellulosic materials; derivatization; industry; lignin; lignin content; mannans; mechanical properties; new markets; sawdust; stumps; waste wood; wood
- ... This paper investigated the impact of the amounts of lignin and hemicelluloses on cellulose nanofibers (CNFs). Birch and spruce wood were used to prepare holocellulose and cellulose samples by classical methods. To better assess the effect of the chemical composition on the CNF performance and simplify the process for CNF preparation, no surface derivatization method was applied for CNF preparatio ...