Jump to Main Content
- Jääskeläinen, A.-S.; Liitiä, T.; Mikkelson, A.; Tamminen, T.
- Industrial crops and products 2017 v.103 pp. 51-58
- acetone; carbohydrates; carboxylic acids; chemical precipitation; ethanol; fractionation; lignin; molecular weight; nitrogen; solvents; standard operating procedures; sulfur
- ... Lignin’s heterogeneous polymeric structure limits its utilisation in high-value applications. This paper describes a protocol for kraft lignin precipitation fractionation from aqueous ethanol, acetone and propyleneglycol monomethyl ether solution by adding water as nonsolvent. The solvent-insoluble fractions possessed high molar mass (Mw 4300–18900g/mol), high polydispersity (2.2–5.6), high nitrog ...
- Nishida, Masakazu; Tanaka, Tomoko; Miki, Tsunehisa; Ito, Takafumi; Kanayama, Kozo
- Industrial crops and products 2017 v.103 pp. 89-98
- bamboos; carboxylic acids; heat treatment; hemicellulose; infrared spectroscopy; lignin; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pyrolysis; scanning electron microscopy; sodium hydroxide; steam; temperature; thermogravimetry; vascular bundles
- ... Steam-treated bamboo was analyzed for structural changes at multiple scales using several solid-state NMR methods, including relaxation time analysis. Subtle changes due to different processing conditions were analyzed by 13C magic angle spinning (MAS) NMR using cross polarization (CP), single pulse with dipolar decoupling (DD), and pulse saturation transfer (PST). The analyses also used 1H spin-l ...