Jump to Main Content
- Sut, Stefania; Pavela, Roman; Kolarčik, Vladislav; Lupidi, Giulio; Maggi, Filippo; Dall’Acqua, Stefano; Benelli, Giovanni
- Industrial crops and products 2017 v.109 pp. 266-273
- Spodoptera littoralis, etc ; Onosma; Spodoptera litura; acetylcholinesterase; botanical insecticides; chromatography; enzyme inhibition; hexane; larvae; larval development; lethal dose 50; mass spectrometry; mortality; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; plant protection; roots; shikonin; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... In the present work, we evaluated the toxicity and growth inhibitory effects on Spodoptera littoralis (Boisd.) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) of the root hexane extract from Onosma visianii (Boraginaceae). Furthermore, two naphtooquinone derivatives, namely isobutyrylshikonin and isovalerylshikonin, which were isolated from the extract by column chromatography and identified by Nuclear Magnetic Resonanc ...
- Pavela, Roman; Maggi, Filippo; Lupidi, Giulio; Cianfaglione, Kevin; Dauvergne, Xavier; Bruno, Maurizio; Benelli, Giovanni
- Industrial crops and products 2017 v.109 pp. 603-610
- Spodoptera littoralis, etc ; Crithmum maritimum; Culex quinquefasciatus; Rift Valley fever; Spodoptera litura; Western equine encephalitis virus; aerial parts; botanical insecticides; chemical composition; chemotypes; encephalitis; entomology; essential oils; filariasis; gamma-terpinene; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; insect pests; insecticidal properties; larvae; lethal concentration 50; lethal dose 50; limonene; marine environment; moths; seeds; thymol; volatile compounds; France; Italy; Sicily; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... The effective management of insect pests and vectors still represents a major challenge in current entomology. Culex quinquefasciatus Say is a key vector of lymphatic filariasis, Rift Valley fever, West Nile, St. Louis encephalitis and Western equine encephalitis virus. Recently, the importance of the eco-friendly control of C. quinquefasciatus larval population using plant-borne biopesticides, in ...