Jump to Main Content
- Ait Sidi Brahim, Malika; Fadli, Mariam; Hassani, Lahcen; Boulay, Brahim; Markouk, Mohamed; Bekkouche, Khalid; Abbad, Abdelaziz; Ait Ali, Mustapha; Larhsini, Mustapha
- Industrial crops and products 2015 v.71 pp. 37-43
- Bacillus cereus; Candida; Chenopodium ambrosioides; Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; Micrococcus luteus; aerial parts; analgesics; anti-infective properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bleaching; carene; cefixime; chemical composition; dysentery; essential oils; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; geraniol; neral; p-cymene; synergism; traditional medicine; typhoid fever
- ... Chenopodium ambrosioides var. ambrosioides is used in the folk medicine as analgesic, antipyretic, antioxidant and to cure gastrointestinal disease, typhoid and dysentery. The chemical composition of the aerial part essential oil was assessed by GC/MS analysis and the main constituents found were: α-terpinene (23.77%), ascaridole (14.48%), p-cymene (12.22%), neral (8.08%), geraniol (5.60%), isoasc ...
- Martucci, J.F.; Gende, L.B.; Neira, L.M.; Ruseckaite, R.A.
- Industrial crops and products 2015 v.71 pp. 205-213
- Escherichia coli; Gram-positive bacteria; Lavandula angustifolia; Origanum; Staphylococcus aureus; additives; antagonists; anti-infective properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; chemical composition; essential oils; flowers; functional properties; gelatin; growth retardation; hydrodistillation; hydrophobicity; leaves; microbial growth; minimum inhibitory concentration; oregano; permeability; water vapor
- ... The chemical composition of the essential oils obtained by hydrodistillation from fully-formed, dried oregano leaves (Origanum vulgareOriganum vulgare) and lavender leaves and flowers (Lavandula officinalis) were analyzed by GC/MS. The effectiveness of oregano (OEO) and lavender (LEO) essential oils and a mixture LEO:OEO (50:50) in inhibiting Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus growth were ...