Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Munnu; Guleria, Neha
- Industrial crops and products 2013 v.42 pp. 37-40
- Lavandula; Rosmarinus officinalis; fertilizer rates; field experimentation; forage; harvesting; leaves; lipid content; mineral fertilizers; odors; organic fertilizers; perfumes; rosemary; seed set; soaps; tropics; India
- ... Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) is an evergreen woody aromatic herb with a characteristic aroma and lavender like leaves and is suitable for use in perfumes, soaps and fragrances. A field experiment was conducted at Bangalore, India, to study the influence of harvesting stages and inorganic and organic fertilizer on yield and oil composition of rosemary in a semi-arid tropical climate. Result ...
- Verma, Ram S.; Padalia, Rajendra C.; Chauhan, Amit; Thul, Sanjog T.
- Industrial crops and products 2013 v.42 pp. 195-201
- Juglans regia; alpha-pinene; beta-pinene; cineole; essential oils; germacrene; leaves; methyl salicylate; spring; statistical analysis; trees; walnut oil; India
- ... The walnut tree (Juglans regia L.), commonly known as ‘Akhrot’ in India, is a valuable tree has a long history of medicinal use to treat a wide range of health complaints. To explore the diversity in essential oil yield and composition of J. regia, leaves were collected during spring season from 28 populations growing in western Himalaya. Comparative results showed considerable variations in the e ...