Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Dan; Xu, Y. Wen; Yang, Guo Li; Husaini, Amjad M.; Wu, Wei
- Industrial crops and products 2013 v.42 pp. 251-260
- Mentha spicata; carvone; chemotypes; essential oils; genetic variation; industry; linalool; lipid content; menthol; menthone; odors; China
- ... Essential oil properties of different geographical populations of Mentha haplocalyx and M. spicata were analyzed. The yield of essential oils varied in the range of 0.5–3.0% within forty-five populations. Based on essential oil composition, all M. haplocalyx accessions could be classified into six chemotypes, including linalool, pulegone, menthone, carvone, menthol, and piperitenone oxide. In part ...
- Nesterenko, Alla; Alric, Isabelle; Silvestre, Françoise; Durrieu, Vanessa
- Industrial crops and products 2013 v.42 pp. 469-479
- Helianthus annuus; beans; biopolymers; functional properties; microencapsulation; oats; peas; physicochemical properties; plant proteins; raw materials; rice; seeds; vegetables; wheat
- ... Proteins from vegetable seeds are interesting for research at present because they are an abundant alternative to animal-based sources of proteins and petroleum-derived polymers. They are a renewable and biodegradable raw material with interesting functional and/or physico-chemical properties. In microencapsulation, these biopolymers are used as a wall forming material for a variety of active comp ...