Jump to Main Content
- Zampieri, Denise; Guerra, Letícia; Camassola, Marli; Dillon, Aldo J.P.
- Industrial crops and products 2013 v.50 pp. 882-886
- post-translational modification; secretion; glucose; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; sorbitol; Penicillium; cellobiose; carbon; ethanol production; enzyme activity; beta-glucosidase; carboxymethylcellulose
- ... Penicillium echinulatum 9A02S1 is a filamentous fungus with a cellulolytic system that may be used in the processes involved in the degradation of lignocellulosic materials for ethanol production. In this study, the 9A02S1 strain of P. echinulatum was grown in submerged cultures with various carbon sources to assess the activities of cellulases and β-glucosidases and their enzymatic activities wer ...
- Rubio-Moraga, Ángela; Gómez-Gómez, Lourdes; Trapero, Almudena; Castro-Díaz, Natali; Ahrazem, Oussama
- Industrial crops and products 2013 v.49 pp. 915-921
- saffron; Aspergillus niger; Curvularia spicifera; minimum inhibitory concentration; Fusarium oxysporum; fighting behavior; fungicides; phenolic compounds; Crocus sativus; fungi; corms; growth retardation; saponins; toxicity; Rhizopus stolonifer; Penicillium; antifungal properties
- ... Fungi cause important deteriorations of corms from Crocus sativus L. In order to screen the antifungal properties of this organ to fight such infections, two independent experiments based on the lyophilized and sterilized external (peel) and internal parts of the corm were conducted against five fungi isolated from infected corms during August. The minimum inhibitory concentrations (MIC) after 30 ...