Jump to Main Content
- Dierig, David A.; Grieve, Catherine M.; Shannon, Michael C.
- Industrial crops and products 2003 v.17 no.1 pp. 15
- Lesquerella fendleri; artificial selection; biomass production; electrical conductivity; genetic traits; heritability; ion transport; irrigation scheduling; irrigation water; leaves; line differences; mortality; nutrient solutions; plant breeding; planting seed; saline water; salinity; salt tolerance; salts; sand; seed oils; seed yield; seedlings; seeds; shoots
- ... In a study conducted in 1997–1998 to determine the salt tolerance of Lesquerella fendleri (Gray) S. Wats., saline irrigation waters greater than 21 dS m−1 electrical conductivity were found to cause high plant mortality. Surviving plants were inter-mated under controlled conditions and seeds were collected from these plants. The following season, seeds of the selected salt tolerant full-sibs, desi ...
- Puppala, Naveen; Fowler, James L.
- Industrial crops and products 2003 v.17 no.1 pp. 61-69
- Lesquerella fendleri; acetone; adjuvants; coatings; drying; ethanol; gibberellic acid; indigenous species; leaching; lesquerella seed; light requirement; methanol; oilseed crops; photoperiod; potassium nitrate; presoaking; seed dormancy; seed germination; seeds; temperature; water
- ... Lesquerella fendleri is a potential oilseed crop. Seed dormancy, including light requirement, is common in many small-seeded species native to arid and semiarid environments, and may be a major contributor to stand establishment difficulties in Lesquerella. Gibberellic acid (GA3) and potassium nitrate (KNO3) in solutions of water have been shown to be effective moistening agents for improving germ ...