Jump to Main Content
- Ramaswamy, Gita N.; Sellers, Terry; Tao, Weiying; Crook, Le Grand
- Industrial crops and products 2003 v.17 no.1 pp. 1-8
- cotton; fabrics; furniture; grain and figure; kenaf; kraft paper; manufacturing; mechanical properties; melamine; synthetic fibers
- ... Laminated products are used universally in the manufacture of furniture, kitchen cabinets, fixtures, wall-coverings, displays, and various other products. Laminates are usually made of two layers, the underlayer or substrate and a decorative upper layer, made of vinyl, polyester, melamine, etc., that is bonded to the substrate. These substrates can be made of many different types of natural or syn ...
- Meints, Paul D.; Smith, C.A.
- Industrial crops and products 2003 v.17 no.1 pp. 9-14
- Hibiscus cannabinus; alternative crops; biomass; crop yield; drought; kenaf; relative humidity; seed germination; seed storage; storage time; temperature; vigor
- ... Kenaf (Hibiscus cannabinus L.) is a potential alternative crop being developed for fiber production. Because planting area varies dramatically from year to year, seed supplies may greatly exceed use so that the excess seed must be stored for one to several years. The objectives of this study were to determine the effect of seed storage duration at 10 °C on germination, vigor, emergence, and yield. ...