Jump to Main Content
- Mu, Bingnan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2018 v.121 pp. 360-371
- Sorghum (Poaceae); crosslinking; crystal structure; distillers grains; disulfide bonds; ethanol; market share; petroleum; sorghum protein; tensile strength; thiols
- ... A urea-cysteine based system is developed to extract densely crosslinked sorghum proteins from sorghum distillers grains with high efficiency and quality. Due to the high crosslinking degrees, sorghum proteins are expected to possess better tensile properties and aqueous stabilities than common proteins, thus become a promising candidate to replace the unsustainable petroleum products. However, du ...
- Mu, Bingnan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2016 v.89 pp. 455-464
- abrasion resistance; additives; adhesion; biodegradability; byproducts; carbohydrates; chemical oxygen demand; cotton; effluents; fabrics; industrial applications; oils; pastes; plasticizers; polyesters; polyvinyl alcohol; soybeans; textile industry; water pollution; yarns
- ... Soymeal, which contains natural plasticizer and tackifier, has been used to fabricate biodegradable and low-cost warp sizes, with potential for replacing non-biodegradable polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) sizes for large-quantity industrial applications. Warp sizes from soyprotein isolates (SPI) have been reported as a potential substitute for PVA sizes, which contribute to high chemical oxygen demand in t ...