Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: jiali?
- Ma, Jiale, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Infection, genetics, and evolution 2015 v.36 pp. 483-489
- Danio rerio; Streptococcus suis; genes; genetic variation; genotyping; mice; models; pathogens; phylogeny; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; serotypes; swine; transcription (genetics); virulence; China
- ... Streptococcus suis is one of the most important swine pathogens worldwide. In this study, a total of 22 virulence-related genes in 101 strains of S. suis serotype 2 (SS2) were detected by PCR, namely, mrp, epf, sly, fbps, rgg, ofs, srtA, pgdA, gapdh, iga, endoD, ciaRH, salKR, manN, purD, rgg, DppIV, neuB, dltA, SMU_61-like, SpyM3_0908 (Permease) and the SspA gene. The distribution of virulence-rel ...
- Ma, Jiale, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Infection, genetics, and evolution 2013 v.20 pp. 454-464
- Escherichia coli; birds; economics; genes; genetic variation; genomics; loci; meningitis; pathogenesis; pathotypes; phylogeny; proteins; secretion
- ... Avian pathogenic Escherichia coli (APEC) strains frequently cause extra-intestinal infections and significant economic losses. Recent studies revealed that the type VI secretion system (T6SS) is involved in APEC pathogenesis. Here we provide the first evidence of three distinguishable and conserved T6SS loci in APEC genomes. In addition, we present the prevalence and comparative genomic analysis o ...