Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: crops?
- Daniels, Calvin C.; Coan, Patricia; King, Janice; Hale, Joanetha; Benton, Kimberly A.; Briles, David E.; Hollingshead, Susan K.
- Infection and immunity 2010 v.78 no.5 pp. 2163-2172
- cross reaction, etc ; Streptococcus pneumoniae; amino acids; complement; epitopes; flow cytometry; immunization; mice; monoclonal antibodies; surface proteins; virulence; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Pneumococcal surface protein A (PspA) and PspC of Streptococcus pneumoniae are surface virulence proteins that interfere with complement deposition and elicit protective immune responses. The C-terminal halves of PspA and PspC have some structural similarity and contain highly cross-reactive proline-rich (PR) regions. In many PR regions of PspA and PspC, there exists an almost invariant nonproline ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kuenzle, Sandra; von Büdingen, Hans-Christian; Meier, Mirjam; Harrer, Melanie D.; Urich, Eduard; Becher, Burkhard; Goebels, Norbert
- Infection and immunity 2007 v.75 no.8 pp. 3842-3847
- cross reaction, etc ; Borrelia burgdorferi; Lyme disease; antibody specificity; antigens; autoimmunity; central nervous system; cerebrospinal fluid; clones; genes; humans; immunoglobulin heavy chains; immunoglobulin light chains; molecular mimicry; monoclonal antibodies; myelin sheath; pathogens; patients; plasma cells; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; transcription (genetics); Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Neuroborreliosis (NB) is a chronic infectious disease of the central nervous system (CNS) caused by a tick-borne spirochete, Borrelia burgdorferi. In addition to direct effects of the causative infectious agent, additional immunity-mediated mechanisms are thought to play a role in the CNS pathology of NB. In order to further understand the involvement of humoral immune mechanisms in NB, we dissect ...
- PubMed Central: