Jump to Main Content
- Böcker, L.; Ortmann, S.; Surber, J.; Leeb, E.; Reineke, K.; Mathys, A.
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.52 pp. 116-121
- Arthrospira platensis; absorption; color; continuous systems; dyes; engineering; food coloring; food industry; food processing; food research; heat; heat treatment; microalgae; phosphates; phycocyanin; research and development; thermosensitivity
- ... Stability of colorants is concerning for food coloring matrices, particularly for the only natural blue food coloring, phycocyanin. The Spirulina-based microalgal extract is mainly comprised of heat sensitive protein-chromophore complexes, C-phycocyanin and allophycocyanin. Although frequently encountered in food processing, the impact of short time heat treatments has not been studied systematica ...
- Chakraborty, Snehasis; Rao, Pavuluri Srinivasa; Mishra, Hari Niwas
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.52 pp. 271-281
- activation energy; food industry; fruit puree; high pressure treatment; isoelectric point; kinetics; neural networks; nutrients; pectinesterase; pineapples; prediction; process design; temperature; texture; thermosensitivity
- ... The inactivation of pectin methylesterase (PME) in pineapple puree was studied within the domain of 0.1–600 MPa/30–70 °C/1 s–40 min. The combined effect of pressure-build up and decompression, as characterized by pulse inactivation (PI value), was modeled by the artificial neural network (ANN) through a tan-sigmoidal function of target pressure, target temperature, compression, and decompression t ...