Jump to Main Content
- Stratakos, Alexandros Ch.; Inguglia, Elena S.; Linton, Mark; Tollerton, Joan; Murphy, Liam; Corcionivoschi, Nicolae; Koidis, Anastasios; Tiwari, Brijesh K.
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.52 pp. 325-333
- Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Pseudomonas; Salmonella; casein; cold storage; color; exposure duration; food processing; high pressure treatment; lactic acid bacteria; milk; particle size; particle size distribution; pasteurization; pasteurized milk; pathogens; plate count; raw milk; shelf life
- ... High pressure processing (HPP) was investigated as an alternative to standard raw milk processing. Different pressure levels (400–600 MPa) and exposure times (1–5 min) were tested against artificially inoculated pathogenic E. coli, Salmonella and L. monocytogenes. HPP effectively inactivated bacterial concentration by 5 log CFU/ml. The most effective HPP conditions in terms of pathogen reduction w ...
- Malinowska-Pańczyk, Edyta; Królik, Klaudia; Skorupska, Katarzyna; Puta, Małgorzata; Martysiak-Żurowska, Dorota; Kiełbratowska, Bogumiła
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.52 pp. 42-48
- Enterococcus; Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; Staphylococcus epidermidis; bacteria; breast milk; heat; methodology; microbiological quality; microwave treatment; milk; milk banks; milk quality; pasteurization; prototypes; temperature; thermosensitivity
- ... A prototype of microwave pasteurizer has been proposed as an alternative for holder pasteurization (HP) routinely used in Human Milk Bank (HMB), ensuring microbiological safety of human milk (HM). It was shown that the time of heat generation was about 15–16 min shorter by applying the microwave than in HP. Total inactivation of heat-sensitive bacteria Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Sta ...