Jump to Main Content
- Stratakos, Alexandros Ch.; Inguglia, Elena S.; Linton, Mark; Tollerton, Joan; Murphy, Liam; Corcionivoschi, Nicolae; Koidis, Anastasios; Tiwari, Brijesh K.
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.52 pp. 325-333
- Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Pseudomonas; Salmonella; casein; cold storage; color; exposure duration; food processing; high pressure treatment; lactic acid bacteria; milk; particle size; particle size distribution; pasteurization; pasteurized milk; pathogens; plate count; raw milk; shelf life
- ... High pressure processing (HPP) was investigated as an alternative to standard raw milk processing. Different pressure levels (400–600 MPa) and exposure times (1–5 min) were tested against artificially inoculated pathogenic E. coli, Salmonella and L. monocytogenes. HPP effectively inactivated bacterial concentration by 5 log CFU/ml. The most effective HPP conditions in terms of pathogen reduction w ...
- Mehta, Deepak; Sharma, Nitya; Bansal, Vasudha; Sangwan, Rajender S.; Yadav, Sudesh Kumar
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.52 pp. 343-349
- ascorbic acid; beverages; bioactive compounds; chlorogenic acid; cold; color; gallic acid; molds (fungi); nonthermal processing; pH; pasteurization; sinapic acid; tomatoes; ultrasonic treatment; yeasts
- ... The aim of the study was to develop a tomato-based beverage and to investigate the effect of thermal (pasteurization) and non-thermal (ultrasonication, ultra-violet (UV), atmospheric cold plasma (ACP)) processing on the quality of a tomato-based beverage. The ultrasonication and ACP processing for 10 min put significant effect on L* and a* color values of the tomato beverage. All the processing te ...