Jump to Main Content
- Rodrigues, Rui M.; Vicente, António A.; Petersen, Steffen B.; Pereira, Ricardo N.
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.52 pp. 1-7
- allergenicity; beta-lactoglobulin; chemical structure; circular dichroism spectroscopy; egg products; electric field; fluorescence; food matrix; fouling; functional properties; heat; hydrophobicity; ionic strength; mechanism of action; ohmic heating; pH; pasteurization; process design; sensory properties; thiols; viscoelasticity; whey protein
- ... The presence of moderate electric fields (MEF) during ohmic heating (OH) treatment of whey protein systems have demonstrated potential to change physicochemical and functional properties, like aggregation rate and extension or viscoelastic behaviour. However, the specific action of MEF upon the molecular structure of proteins, particularly during thermal processing has yet to be clarified. The eff ...
- Malinowska-Pańczyk, Edyta; Królik, Klaudia; Skorupska, Katarzyna; Puta, Małgorzata; Martysiak-Żurowska, Dorota; Kiełbratowska, Bogumiła
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.52 pp. 42-48
- Enterococcus; Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; Staphylococcus epidermidis; bacteria; breast milk; heat; methodology; microbiological quality; microwave treatment; milk; milk banks; milk quality; pasteurization; prototypes; temperature; thermosensitivity
- ... A prototype of microwave pasteurizer has been proposed as an alternative for holder pasteurization (HP) routinely used in Human Milk Bank (HMB), ensuring microbiological safety of human milk (HM). It was shown that the time of heat generation was about 15–16 min shorter by applying the microwave than in HP. Total inactivation of heat-sensitive bacteria Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Sta ...