Jump to Main Content
- Rodrigues, Rui M.; Vicente, António A.; Petersen, Steffen B.; Pereira, Ricardo N.
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.52 pp. 1-7
- allergenicity; beta-lactoglobulin; chemical structure; circular dichroism spectroscopy; egg products; electric field; fluorescence; food matrix; fouling; functional properties; heat; hydrophobicity; ionic strength; mechanism of action; ohmic heating; pH; pasteurization; process design; sensory properties; thiols; viscoelasticity; whey protein
- ... The presence of moderate electric fields (MEF) during ohmic heating (OH) treatment of whey protein systems have demonstrated potential to change physicochemical and functional properties, like aggregation rate and extension or viscoelastic behaviour. However, the specific action of MEF upon the molecular structure of proteins, particularly during thermal processing has yet to be clarified. The eff ...
- Mehta, Deepak; Sharma, Nitya; Bansal, Vasudha; Sangwan, Rajender S.; Yadav, Sudesh Kumar
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.52 pp. 343-349
- ascorbic acid; beverages; bioactive compounds; chlorogenic acid; cold; color; gallic acid; molds (fungi); nonthermal processing; pH; pasteurization; sinapic acid; tomatoes; ultrasonic treatment; yeasts
- ... The aim of the study was to develop a tomato-based beverage and to investigate the effect of thermal (pasteurization) and non-thermal (ultrasonication, ultra-violet (UV), atmospheric cold plasma (ACP)) processing on the quality of a tomato-based beverage. The ultrasonication and ACP processing for 10 min put significant effect on L* and a* color values of the tomato beverage. All the processing te ...