Jump to Main Content
- Shewale, Sandhya R.; Rajoriya, Deependra; Hebbar, H. Umesh
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.55 pp. 1-10
- mass transfer, etc ; air; air drying; antioxidant activity; apples; ascorbic acid; color; electromagnetic radiation; energy efficiency; energy requirements; humidity; moisture diffusivity; porosity; product quality; shrinkage; thermosensitivity; water content; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The apple slices were treated with electromagnetic radiations (EMR) namely, infrared (IR) and microwave (MW) and dried using low humidity air (LHA) and normal hot air (HA) at 40 °C. The effect of EMR pretreatment on drying kinetics, mass transfer, shrinkage, porosity, energy efficiency and product quality was evaluated. The combination of EMR pretreatment with LHA drying reduced the drying time by ...
- Aykın-Dinçer, Elif; Erbaş, Mustafa
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019
- mass transfer, etc ; activation energy; air; air flow; beef; cold; dried meat; drying; drying temperature; food safety; kinetics; models; moisture diffusivity; pasteurization; regression analysis; water content; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... In this study, it was aimed to design a novel dryer that operates at low temperature (≤20 °C) for the production of a minimally processed and dried meat, and to determine the drying characteristics of this product. Beef slices loaded into this dryer were dried at different low temperatures (10, 15 and 20 °C) and air flow rates (1, 2, 3 and 4 m/s) after pasteurization. The drying time of slices was ...