Jump to Main Content
- Wibowo, Scheling; Essel, Esther Aba; De Man, Sofie; Bernaert, Nathalie; Van Droogenbroeck, Bart; Grauwet, Tara; Van Loey, Ann; Hendrickx, Marc
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.54 pp. 64-77
- apple juice; ascorbic acid; color; electric field; enzyme inactivation; esters; high pressure treatment; hydrolysis; juice quality; odors; off flavors; oxidation; pH; pasteurization; peroxidase; shelf life; sourness; storage temperature; storage time; sugar content; titratable acidity; volatile compounds
- ... The impact of low-oxygen spiral-filter press technology combined with thermal pasteurization (TP), pulsed electric field (PEF) and high pressure processing (HPP) on cloudy apple juice quality was investigated immediately after the treatments and after 3 weeks of storage at 4 °C. Based on equivalent levels of microbial safety and desired shelf-life, low and high processing intensities were selected ...
- Mehta, Deepak; Sharma, Nitya; Bansal, Vasudha; Sangwan, Rajender S.; Yadav, Sudesh Kumar
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.52 pp. 343-349
- ascorbic acid; beverages; bioactive compounds; chlorogenic acid; cold; color; gallic acid; molds (fungi); nonthermal processing; pH; pasteurization; sinapic acid; tomatoes; ultrasonic treatment; yeasts
- ... The aim of the study was to develop a tomato-based beverage and to investigate the effect of thermal (pasteurization) and non-thermal (ultrasonication, ultra-violet (UV), atmospheric cold plasma (ACP)) processing on the quality of a tomato-based beverage. The ultrasonication and ACP processing for 10 min put significant effect on L* and a* color values of the tomato beverage. All the processing te ...