Jump to Main Content
- Moreno-Vilet, L.; Hernández-Hernández, H.M.; Villanueva-Rodríguez, S.J.
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2018 v.50 pp. 196-206
- food processing; heat treatment; industrialization; Latin America; United States
- ... This review aims to describe the basic principles and applications of novel thermal technologies focusing on studies in Latin American countries with respect to those worldwide to define the current needs in research. Definitions, technical characteristics, mechanisms of bacterial inactivation, and potential applications are described, as well as the current status of these technologies and their ...
- Xing, Qinhui; de Wit, Martin; Kyriakopoulou, Konstantina; Boom, Remko M.; Schutyser, Maarten A.I.
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2018 v.50 pp. 42-49
- defatting; dry milling; energy; fractionation; ingredients; oils; pressing; protein bodies; solvents; soy flour; soy protein concentrate; soy protein isolate; soybeans
- ... Defatting and dry fractionation of soybean flour by the combination of impact milling and tribo-electrostatic separation was investigated to prepare protein–enriched soybean flour. Defatting is crucial to facilitate dry milling required for dry fractionation. Both organic solvent extraction and oil pressing were suitable as defatting methods although oil pressing compacted the tissue structure vis ...