Jump to Main Content
- Pataro, Gianpiero; Falcone, Mariangela; Donsì, Giorgio; Ferrari, Giovanna
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2014 v.21 pp. 58-65
- chromium; corrosion; electrical conductivity; electrical equipment; electrodes; energy; food composition; food contamination; foods; halides; iron; manganese; nickel; nonthermal processing; pH; pasteurization; specific energy; stainless steel
- ... The effects of electrical parameters (field strength E, total specific energy input WT and pulse frequency) and product composition on the release of the main metallic elements (Fe, Cr, Ni and Mn) of stainless steel (type 316L) electrodes of a continuous flow parallel plate PEF chamber into the treatment medium were investigated. Experiments were carried out by subjecting two different buffer solu ...
- Pataro, Gianpiero; Barca, Giuseppe M.J.; Pereira, Ricardo N.; Vicente, António A.; Teixeira, José A.; Ferrari, Giovanna
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2014 v.21 pp. 66-73
- atomic absorption spectrometry; chromium; corrosion; electric field; electrical conductivity; electrochemistry; electrodes; food contamination; foods; halides; heat; iron; metal ions; nickel; ohmic heating; pH; stainless steel
- ... Electrochemical reactions at the electrode-solution interface of an ohmic heater can be avoided or significantly limited by choosing appropriate processing conditions in relation to the food properties.In the present work the effect of the electrical parameters (electric field strength and frequency of the applied current signal) and product factors (halides concentration, electrical conductivity ...