Jump to Main Content
- Pataro, Gianpiero; De Lisi, Mariano; Donsì, Giorgio; Ferrari, Giovanna
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2014 v.22 pp. 102-109
- Escherichia coli; ambient temperature; bacteria; carbon dioxide; energy; food industry; foods; pulsed electric fields; synergism
- ... A laboratory scale continuous flow unit was set up and used to study the effect of pulsed electric fields (PEF) pre-treatments on microbial inactivation by high pressure carbon dioxide (HPCD) processing with the aim of investigating the synergistic effect of the combined treatment. McIlvaine buffer solution inoculated with Escherichia coli cells ATCC26 was pre-treated with PEF (25°C) at different ...
- Poliseli-Scopel, Fábio Henrique; Hernández-Herrero, Manuela; Guamis, Buenaventura; Ferragut, Victoria
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2014 v.22 pp. 81-88
- Bacillus cereus; UHT treatment; aerobes; ambient temperature; aseptic packaging; bacteria; beverages; consumer demand; containers; food industry; homogenization; microbial growth; nutritive value; off flavors; oxidation; paperboard; particle size distribution; sensory evaluation; soymilk; spores; volatile compounds
- ... Ultra high pressure homogenization (UHPH) was applied on soymilk to produce an aseptically packaged beverage. UHPH-treated soymilk (300MPa, 80°C inlet temperature and 144°C/0.7s at the homogenization valve) was compared with samples treated by ultra high temperature (UHT) at 142°C for 6s. After treatment, soymilk samples were aseptically packaged in coated paperboard cartons of 200mL Tetra Brik co ...